Microsoft DirectAccess Connectivity Assistant
Published: February 15, 2010
Download This Solution Accelerator
About This Solution Accelerator
The Microsoft DirectAccess Connectivity Assistant (DCA) helps organizations reduce the cost of supporting DirectAccess users and significantly improve their connectivity experience.
DCA informs mobile users of their connectivity status at all times; provides tools to help them reconnect on their own if problems arise; and creates diagnostics to help mobile users provide IT staff with key information if necessary—all to help customers operate with more efficiency, and at a lower cost.
DCA is the newest addition to the Windows® Optimized Desktop Toolkit 2010, which is designed to help IT pros plan, deliver, and operate the right desktop technologies for users across their organization.
Included in the Download
The DirectAccess Connectivity Assistant (DCA) includes the following components:
- DirectAccess Connectivity Assistant GP.admx
- DirectAccess Connectivity Assistant GP.adml
In More Detail
The DirectAccess Connectivity Assistant (DCA) provides the following benefits:
- Lets mobile users know their connection status: DCA provides an indicator in the notification area that keeps mobile users informed of their connectivity status with an organization’s intranet.
- Reduces the number of support calls: DCA has built-in remediation tools that help mobile users solve connection problems on their own, without calling the help desk.
- Reduces the duration of support calls: If support is needed, DCA helps mobile users provide IT staff with key diagnostics to zero in on the source of a problem, so IT can resolve the issue faster and get users back to work.
- Helps users stay productive: Because DCA helps IT solve connection problems faster, mobile users have more reliable access to network-based resources, and can stay more productive.
After DCA is set up on your computer, one of the following icons appears in your notification area to inform you of your connectivity status:
Notification area icon
What this means
Good DirectAccess connectivity
- Windows Optimized Desktop Toolkit 2010
- Windows Optimized Desktop Scenarios
- Infrastructure Planning and Design Guides for Windows 7
- Microsoft Operations Framework
- Windows 7
- Enterprise solutions: Desktop
- Windows Server 2008 R2
- Forefront UAG DirectAccess deployment guide
Community and Feedback
Please send questions or comments about this Solution Accelerator to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Solution Accelerators
Solution Accelerators are authoritative resources that help IT pros plan, deliver, operate, and manage IT systems that address real-world scenarios. Solution Accelerators provide free, prescriptive guidance and automation to accelerate cross-product integration, core infrastructure development, and other enhancements.
Sign up to receive the Solution Accelerator Notifications newsletter so that you can stay informed about new Solution Accelerator releases and updates. The newsletter covers such areas of interest as:
- Communication and collaboration
- Security, data protection, and recovery
- Operations and management