Classes: How to Customize and Author Classes
Updated: December 1, 2010
Applies To: System Center Service Manager 2010
A class is the main element that is used to represent objects that are used in System Center Service Manager 2010. A class could represent a computer, a user, an incident or a form.
Class definitions that represent a larger element such as a Service Manager feature, are often grouped together. Class definitions are stored in management packs that must be imported into Service Manager to enable functionality of Service Manager.
In This Section
- Classes: Key Concepts
- Describes the key concepts of classes.
- Classes: General Guidelines and Best Practices
- Described guidelines and best practices for classes.
- How to Browse a Class in the Authoring Tool
- Describes how to locate and view a class in the Authoring Tool.
- How to Edit Details of a Class in the Authoring Tool
- Describes how to edit the details such as the description and name of a class in the Authoring Tool.
- How to Create a Class Using Inheritance in the Authoring Tool
- Describes how to define class inheritance in the Authoring Tool.
- How to Extend a Class in the Authoring Tool
- Describes how to extend a class in the Authoring Tool.
Did you find this information helpful? Please send your suggestions and comments about System Center Service Manager documentation to email@example.com.