Importing Data and Alerts from Operations Manager 2007
Updated: December 1, 2010
Applies To: System Center Service Manager 2010 SP1
If your organization uses System Center Operations Manager 2007 to monitor systems in your enterprise, the agents that are deployed gather information about configuration items that are discovered and, as problems are detected, Operations Manager 2007 generates alerts. Two connectors for Operations Manager are available in System Center Service Manager 2010: the configuration item (CI) connector that imports objects that are discovered by Operations Manager into the Service Manager database, and an alert connector that can create incidents based on alerts.
Operations Manager 2007 collects information about many different types of objects, such as hard disk drives and Web sites. To import objects that are discovered by Operations Manager, Service Manager requires a list of class definitions for these objects; the list of definitions is in the Operations Manager 2007 management packs. Therefore, you must import some Operations Manager 2007 management packs into Service Manager. When you install Service Manager, a set of Operations Manager 2007 management packs for common objects and the required Windows PowerShell script are copied to your Service Manager installation folder. For more information, see How to Import Management Packs for Operations Manager 2007 Configuration Item Connectors. If you have installed additional management packs in Operations Manager, and you want to add the data from those additional management packs to Service Manager, you can modify the configuration item (CI) connector to add the additional management packs. For more information, seeHow to Edit an Operations Manager Connector.
In This Section
- How to Import Management Packs for Operations Manager 2007 Configuration Item Connectors
- Describes how to import the management packs necessary for the Operations Manager 2007 configuration item connectors.
- How to Create an Operations Manager 2007 Connector
- Describes how to create an Operations Manager 2007 connector and import configuration items and alerts from Operations Manager 2007.
- How to Synchronize an Operations Manager 2007 Connector
- Describes how to synchronize an Operations Manager 2007 connector to reflect changes that you made in Operations Manager.
- How to Disable and Enable an Operations Manager 2007 Connector
- Describes how to disable and enable an Operations Manager 2007 connector to pause or resume data synchronization.
- How to Edit an Operations Manager Connector
- Describes how to edit properties for an Operations Manager connector.
Did you find this information helpful? Please send your suggestions and comments about System Center Service Manager documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org.