Understanding the Administration Tab
Applies to: Office 365 for enterprises, Live@edu, Forefront Online Protection for Exchange
Topic Last Modified: 2012-08-26
In the Forefront Online Protection for Exchange (FOPE) Administration Center, the Administration tab provides a single point of administration for all of your hosted services. From this tab, you can manage service settings for company, domains, users, and policy rules.
- Company—On this tab, you can update your company-wide settings, including the following:
Default language and time zone settings
Company security settings
Hosted Archive settings (described in the Exchange Hosted Archive (EHA) User Guide)
- Default language and time zone settings
- Domains—The tools on this tab allow you to view and modify domain-level settings for each domain in your company. Additionally, you can edit domain setting options for your Hosted Filtering service, domain-level retention periods, and domain-level Legal Hold settings for your Hosted Archive service.
- Users—On this tab, you can manage all of the user accounts for your hosted services. From the tabs on this tab, you can create and delete user accounts, change passwords, assign permissions, and modify user account service settings. You can also edit user-level retention periods and user-level Legal Hold settings for your Hosted Archive service.
- Policy Rules—On this tab, you can create new policy rules for your domains, and update Hosted Filtering and Hosted Archive policy rules.
- Filters—The tools on this tab allow you to add and manage large lists of values, called Dictionaries, for policy rules.