FOPE User Guide
Applies to: Office 365 for enterprises, Live@edu, Forefront Online Protection for Exchange
Topic Last Modified: 2012-03-01
The Forefront Online Protection for Exchange (FOPE) User Guide provides information for configuring and administering FOPE using the Administration Center. In this guide you will find valuable information about how to use the features found on the various tabs of the FOPE Administration Center, including the Advanced tab, the Information tab, the Administration tab, the My Reports tab, and the Tools tab. You will also find information and details about setting up and provisioning FOPE, best practices for configuring FOPE, and email flow scenarios, configured using FOPE connectors, which allow you to host a portion of your mailboxes on premises and to host a portion in the cloud. For more information, click the following links.
- Overview of Services and Features in FOPE - Introduces FOPE and describes its features and capabilities.
- FOPE Setup and Provisioning - Provides a checklist that contains links to detailed setup steps, including logging in to the FOPE Administration Center, validating your domain, and setting up email filtering.
- Using FOPE Connectors to Configure Advanced Email Flow Scenarios - Describes how you can use FOPE connectors to configure advanced email flow scenarios, such as a scenario where you can securely communicate with a trusted partner, or a hybrid scenario where your organization's mailboxes are hosted partially in the cloud and partially on-premises.
- Switching to FOPE from Google Postini, the Barracuda Spam and Virus Firewall, or Cisco IronPort - Describes the steps for switching to FOPE from an existing cloud or on-premises messaging protection solution.
- Moving FOPE-Protected Mailboxes from On Premises to the Cloud - Describes how you can use FOPE to protect your on-premises mailboxes and move a portion of your mailboxes to Microsoft Exchange Online, which is included with Microsoft Office 365.
- Best Practices for Configuring FOPE - Describes the best-practices for configuring the FOPE directory synchronization tool, domain record settings, network connection settings, and policy filters.
- Understanding and Navigating the Administration Center in FOPE - Introduces the FOPE Administration Center, describes the tabs within the Administration Center that you can use to configure settings for your organization, and provides information about search functionality.
- Understanding the Advanced Tab - Describes the Advanced tab, which shows you a consolidated view of the companies you manage.
- Understanding the Information Tab - Describes how you can find alerts, announcements, resources, a list of FOPE IP addresses, and reports on the Information Tab.
- Understanding the Administration Tab – Describes how you can manage service settings for companies, domains, users, and policy rules on the Administration Tab. This tab includes the majority of the FOPE configuration settings.
- Understanding the My Reports Tab – Describes how the My Reports tab provides you with access to reports that contain historical message filtering summaries for all domains or specified domains.
- Understanding the Tools Tab - Describes how you can use the message trace feature within the Tools Tab to view information about specific messages as well as the audit trail feature to view user-related and service-related events.
|Bulk Mail Filtering in FOPE on the TechNet wiki provides useful information about blocking unwanted bulk email messages, using transport rules.|