Find Alerts, Announcements and General Information on the FOPE Welcome Pane
Applies to: Office 365 for enterprises, Live@edu, Forefront Online Protection for Exchange
Topic Last Modified: 2012-04-02
In the Forefront Online Protection for Exchange (FOPE) Administration Center, the Welcome pane, in the center of the Information tab, provides the most up-to-date information about your FOPE service. Be sure to check the Welcome pane frequently, as it always offers the most up-to-date information about the service.
Information in the Welcome pane is separated into sectional tabs as follows:
- Announcements — This tab includes general information about upcoming changes to FOPE services, new releases, and new feature announcements.
- Network Alerts — This tab includes information about any scheduled maintenance updates or service-wide issues.
- Virus Alerts — This tab includes specific information about high-risk virus threats, including if and when they may be a threat.
- Resources — This tab contains links to service documentation and technical support information.
- Training — This tab contains links to informational videos and sites.
- Configuration — This tab displays a list of IP addresses that correspond to inbound Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) data centers for your filtering services.
Restrict your inbound SMTP connections on port 25 so that they only allow email from this list of IP addresses in order to receive the maximum benefits from your services. See the Configuration tab on the Welcome pane for more details.
These restrictions should be placed on your firewall 72 hours after changes are made to the mail exchanger (MX) record. This will ensure complete Internet propagation. If you have settings on your mail server that control the IP addresses that are allowed to connect for mail relay, ensure that those settings are also updated.
- Restrict your inbound SMTP connections on port 25 so that they only allow email from this list of IP addresses in order to receive the maximum benefits from your services. See the Configuration tab on the Welcome pane for more details.