System Center Service Manager 2010
Published: October 25, 2010 | Updated: December 16, 2010
Download the System Center Service Manager 2010 Guide
About This Guide
The Infrastructure Planning and Design (IPD) Guide for Microsoft System Center Service Manager 2010 takes the IT architect through an easy-to-follow process for successfully designing the servers and components for a System Center Service Manager 2010 implementation, resulting in a design that is sized, configured, and appropriately placed to deliver the stated business benefits, while also considering the performance, capacity, and fault tolerance of the system.
The guide covers these key steps in the System Center Service Manager 2010 infrastructure design process:
- Defining the project scope by identifying the necessary System Center Service Manager 2010 features, the requirements of the process management packs, and the targeted population of the organization.
- Mapping the selected features and scope to determine the required server roles.
- Designing the fault tolerance, configuration, and placement of the management servers, portals, and supporting SQL Server databases.
The IPD Guide for Microsoft System Center Service Manager 2010 can help you reduce planning time and costs, and ensure a successful rollout of System Center Service Manager 2010—helping your organization to more quickly benefit from this platform for automating and adapting IT Service Management best practices such as those found in Microsoft Operations Framework (MOF) and the IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL).
Figure 1. System Center Service Manager 2010 infrastructure decision flow
In More Detail
The System Center Service Manager 2010 Guide includes the following content:
- Step 1: Define the project scope and requirements
- Step 2: Design the management groups
- Step 3: Design the System Center Service Manager 2010 management server infrastructure
- Step 4: Design the Data Warehouse management server infrastructure
- System Center Service Manager 2010
- IPD Guides for System Center
- Dynamic Datacenter Solution Accelerators
- IT Compliance Management Series
Join the IPD Beta Program
Subscribe to the IPD beta program and we will notify you when new beta guides become available for your review and feedback. They are open beta downloads. If you are not already a member of the IPD beta program, and would like to join, follow these steps:
- Go here to join the IPD beta program:
If the link does not work for you, copy and paste it into the Web browser address bar.
- Sign in using a valid Windows Live ID.
- Enter your registration information.
- Continue to the IPD beta program page, scroll down to Infrastructure Planning and Design, and click the link to join the IPD beta program.
Already a member of the IPD beta program? Go here to get the latest IPD beta downloads: https://connect.microsoft.com/content/content.aspx?ContentID=6556&SiteID=14
Please send questions or comments about this guide to IPDfdbk@microsoft.com.
About Solution Accelerators
Solution Accelerators are authoritative resources that help IT pros plan, deliver, operate, and manage IT systems that address real-world scenarios. Solution Accelerators provide free, prescriptive guidance and automation to accelerate cross-product integration, core infrastructure development, and other enhancements.
Sign up to receive the Solution Accelerator Notifications newsletter so that you can stay informed about new Solution Accelerator releases and updates. The newsletter covers such areas of interest as:
- Communication and collaboration
- Security, data protection, and recovery
- Operations and management