Windows PowerShell cmdlet to Import an Organization
The Import-CrmOrganization command imports the specified organization database into the Microsoft Dynamics CRM deployment.
Import-CrmOrganization -SqlServerName sql_server_name -DatabaseName database_name -SrsUrl srs_url [-DisplayName display_name -Name name -UserMap usermap_file_path]
- sql_server_name is the name of SQL Server database server on which to look for the organization database to import. (mandatory)
- database_name is the name of the organization database that will be imported. (mandatory)
- srs_url is the URL of the SQL Server Reporting Services reporting server for the organization that will be imported. (mandatory)
- display_name is the display name of the organization that will be imported. If no display name is provided, the default behavior is to use the existing display name in the organization's database. (optional)
- name is the unique name of the organization that will be imported. If no unique name is provided, the default behavior is to use a unique version of the display name. (optional)
- usermap_file_path is the file path to a user mapping file. If no file path is provided, the default behavior is to auto-map based on the Active Directory account name.
- Logon to the CRM server with the Deployment Administrator role, as a CRM Deployment Administrator. This account should be the CRM system administrator defined as the ‘setup account’ earlier.
- Launch an administrative Windows PowerShell window from the quick launch bar, or from the Start menu under Program Files, Accessories, Windows PowerShell, and then Windows PowerShell.
- In the Windows PowerShell command window, execute the following commands.
- In the Windows PowerShell command window, execute the following command.
Import-CrmOrganization -SqlServerName CRMSQL -DatabaseName alpineskihouse_MSCRM -SrsUrl http://crmrep.contoso.com/ReportServer" -DisplayName "Alpine Ski House Inc" -Name alpineskihouse
- You will not need to supply a user-mapping file, as the users (and user names) are not changing. The CRM organization users and role memberships will be maintained during the import.
- Although the GUID of job will be returned upon successful submission of the request, the actual import process may take a significant amount of time depending upon the size of the database.
- Using the CRM Deployment Manager or the get-CrmOrganization cmdlet, verify that the CRM organization successfully imported and is enabled.
For more details on the Import-CRMOrganization cmdlet parameters, see the Deployment Manager Help contents.