Managing Categories and Chat Rooms
Topic Last Modified: 2011-01-24
Use Microsoft Lync Server 2010, Group Chat Admin Tool to create and manage chat rooms and categories. You must have Microsoft Lync 2010 Group Chat administrator rights and permissions to use this tool.
|Users who are not chat room administrators can use Lync 2010 Group Chat to create new chat rooms. Users can also use Lync 2010 Group Chat to manage any chat room they create or to which they have been added as a chat room manager.|
Most settings of an existing category or chat room can be changed at any time by chat room managers.
The following topics describe how to create and work with categories and chat rooms.
- Creating a New Category
- Creating Chat Rooms
- Setting the Scope for a Category
- Setting Membership of a Chat Room
- Enabling a User to Manage a Specific Chat Room
- Setting Who Can Post Messages in an Auditorium Chat Room
- Disabling or Enabling a Chat Room
- Moving a Chat Room or Category
- Deleting a Chat Room or Category