Migration from Office Communications Server 2007 to Lync Server 2010
Topic Last Modified: 2012-10-18
The topics in this section guide you through the process of migrating from Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 to Microsoft Lync Server 2010. If you intend for your Office Communications Server 2007 deployment to coexist with a Lync Server 2010 deployment, this guide also includes some essential information for operating in this mixed environment.
|This document describes the steps generally required to accomplish each phase of migration. It does not address every possible legacy deployment topology or every possible migration scenario. Therefore, you may not need to perform every step described, or you may need to perform additional steps, depending on your deployment. This document also provides examples of verification steps. These verification steps are provided to help you understand what you need to look for to ensure that each phase completes successfully as you progress through your migration. Tailor these verification steps to your specific migration process.|
|Before you begin, watch the short video at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/p/?LinkId=206447 for an overview of the steps required to migrate from Microsoft Office Communicator 2007 to Microsoft Lync Server 2010.|
This guide provides information specific to upgrading your existing deployment. It does not explain how to change your existing topology. This guide does not cover the implementation of new features. When a detailed procedure is documented elsewhere, this guide directs you to the appropriate document or document section.
|This document does not address configuration specific to Enterprise Voice.|
This document defines terms as specified in the following list.
Moving your production deployment from a previous version of Office Communications Server to Lync Server 2010.
Installing a newer version of software on a server or client computer.
The temporary environment that exists during migration when some functionality has been migrated to Lync Server 2010 and other functionality still remains on a prior version of Office Communications Server.
The ability of your deployment to operate successfully during the period of coexistence.
- Before You Begin the Migration (Office Communications Server 2007 Migration)
- Phase 1: Plan Your Migration from Office Communications Server 2007
- Phase 2: Prepare for Migration (Office Communications Server 2007 Migration)
- Phase 3: Deploy Lync Server 2010 Pilot Stack (Office Communications Server 2007)
- Phase 4: Merge Topologies (Office Communications Server 2007 Migration)
- Phase 5: Configure the Pilot Stack (Office Communications Server 2007 Migration)
- Phase 6: Verify Your Pilot Stack Migration (Office Communications Server 2007 Migration)
- Phase 7: Move from Pilot Stack Deployment to Production (Office Communications Server 2007 Migration)
- Phase 8: Complete Post-Migration Tasks (Office Communications Server 2007 Migration)
- Phase 9: Decommission Legacy Site (Office Communications Server 2007)
- Phase 10: Migrate Communicator Web Access (2007 Release) (Optional)
- Migrate Using Lync Server Management Shell (optional) (Office Communications Server 2007 Migration)