Planning Primer: Planning for Your Organization
Topic Last Modified: 2011-01-25
The topics in this section help you get started with planning your Microsoft Lync Server 2010 deployment.
- Beginning the Planning Process helps you understand how to get started, and how the planning documentation works with the Microsoft Lync Server 2010, Planning Tool and Topology Builder.
- Topology Basics You Must Know Before Planning describes the basics of Lync Server topologies, including sites and server pools. You must understand these concepts when using the Lync Server 2010, Planning Tool.
- Initial Planning Decisions takes you through the questions you must answer to decide what workloads and features of Lync Server to deploy.
- Clients for Lync Server 2010 describes the different types of client software that you can deploy to your organization’s users, including computer-installed client software, web-based clients, and mobile devices.
- Reference Topologies shows three sample topologies that illustrate good topology design in three typical organization types, and explains the reasoning behind many of the decisions in designing those topologies.