Planning Primer: Planning for Your Organization
Topic Last Modified: 2012-09-24
The topics in this section help you get started with planning your Lync Server deployment.
- Deciding How to Deploy Microsoft Lync provides guidelines for choosing between these basic deployment scenarios for Lync Server 2013.
- Beginning the Planning Process helps you understand how to get started planning an on-premises deployment and how the planning documentation works with Topology Builder.
- Topology Basics You Must Know Before Planning describes the basics of Lync Server topologies, including sites, server pools, and topologies that support high availability and disaster recovery.
- Initial Planning Decisions takes you through the questions you must answer to decide what workloads and features of Lync Server to deploy.
- Clients for Lync Server 2013 describes the different types of client software that you can deploy to your organization’s users, including computer-installed client software, web-based clients, and mobile devices.
- Reference Topologies shows three sample topologies that illustrate good topology design in three typical organization types, and explains the reasoning behind many of the decisions in designing those topologies.