Deploying Lync Phone Edition
Topic Last Modified: 2012-08-28
This section covers how to provision and deploy Lync Phone Edition and the newest line of IP phones: the Aastra 6721ip common area phone, Aastra 6725ip desk phone, HP 4110 IP Phone (common area phone), HP 4120 IP Phone (desk phone), Polycom CX500 IP common area phone, Polycom CX600 IP desk phone, and Polycom CX3000 IP conference phone.
For information about supported phones, see Planning for Devices in the Planning documentation. Be aware that mobile phones are outside the scope of the planning documentation and this section.
- Checklist for Deploying Lync Phone Edition
- Using DHCP to Assign IP Addresses to Devices
- Configuring DHCP Options to Enable Sign-in for IP Phones
- Using NTP to Set the Correct Time and Date for Devices
- Provisioning IP Phones
- Certificates for Lync Phone Edition
- Configure Enhanced 9-1-1
- Setting Up the Authentication PIN
- End-User Documentation about Lync Phone Edition
- Device Update Web Service
- Obtaining Values of DHCP Options by Using DHCPUtil.exe