Prepare for Service Manager SP1 Disaster Recovery
Updated: December 1, 2010
Applies To: System Center Service Manager 2010 SP1
This section describes the steps you must take before problems occur. The steps you take to recover from a disaster are predicated on having completed the steps outlined here. In general, preparing your Service Manager environment for disaster recovery involves the following:
Deploying Service Manager 2010 SP1 with management servers and databases on separate computers.
Backing up the encryption keys on the management servers and Self-Service Portal.
Backing up the SQL databases.
Backing up your unsealed management packs.
In This Section
- Deployment Strategy for Service Manager 2010 SP1
- Describes the deployment strategy you must use to prepare for disaster recovery.
- Backing Up Service Manager 2010 SP1 Management Servers
- Describes the steps you can take to back up Service Manager management servers.
- Backing Up Service Manager 2010 SP1 Databases
- Describes the steps you can take to back up Service Manager databases.
- Backing Up Unsealed Management Packs in Service Manager 2010 SP1
- Describes the steps you can take to back up unsealed management packs.
Did you find this information helpful? Please send your suggestions and comments about System Center Service Manager documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org.