Troubleshooting MED-V by Using the Administration Toolkit
Updated: March 10, 2011
Applies To: Microsoft Enterprise Desktop Virtualization 2.0
Use the MED-V Administration Toolkit to troubleshoot certain problems in a MED-V workspace. The MED-V Administration Toolkit lets you access and configure event logs, restart or reset the MED-V workspace, and view the published applications and redirected web addresses in the MED-V workspace. You can also use the MED-V Administration Toolkit to open the MED-V workspace virtual machine in full-screen mode.
To Open the MED-V Administration Toolkit
Perform the following steps to open the MED-V Administration Toolkit:
On the host computer that contains the MED-V workspace you are troubleshooting, open a Command Prompt window.
Browse to %systemdrive%\Program Files\Microsoft Enterprise Desktop Virtualization.
At the command prompt, type
After the MED-V Administration Toolkit opens, you can use the toolkit to help resolve issues in the MED-V workspace found during troubleshooting.
In this Section
- Viewing and Configuring MED-V Logs
- Describes how to use the MED-V Administration Toolkit to collect and manage MED-V event logs in the host computer and the guest virtual machine.
- Restarting and Resetting a MED-V Workspace
- Describes how to restart and reset MED-V workspaces by using the MED-V Administration Toolkit.
- Viewing MED-V Workspace Configurations
- Describes how to use the MED-V Administration Toolkit to view the published applications and redirected web addresses in a MED-V workspace and how to open the MED-V workspace virtual machine in full-screen mode.
You can learn more about MDOP in the TechNet Library, search for troubleshooting on the TechNet Wiki, or follow us on Facebook or Twitter.