Lync Server 2010 Logging Tool: Edit Filters
Topic Last Modified: 2011-01-25
You can use the Edit Filters options to define filtering for log files so that only traffic to and from the addresses you specify is traced. Trace filtering for Uniform Resource Identifiers (URIs) and fully qualified domain names (FQDNs) is available only for the SipStack and UserServices components; for all other components, the traces cannot be filtered at run time. You can also specify messages to exclude from the logs.
Use the Edit Filters dialog box to define URI and FQDN addresses to specifically include in your log traces, and messages to specifically exclude.
There are four fields available to enter addresses to include: two URI Filter fields and two FQDN Filter fields.
- URI Filter If you specify URI addresses in these fields, the log includes only traffic to and from the specified SIP URI. The URI must be in the format sip:<address>, such as sip:email@example.com. To match all users in the domain, use a wildcard, such as sip:*@litwareinc.com.
- FQDN Filter If you specify FQDN addresses in these fields, the log includes only traffic to and from the specified computer FQDN.
You can exclude four different types of messages:
- Exclude Registrar Messages Do not log SIP REGISTER messages.
- Exclude Subscribe Messages Do not log SIP SUBSCRIBE messages.
- Exclude Conference Messages Do not log messages related to conferencing.
- Exclude Presence Messages Do not log messages related to instant messaging (IM) and presence.