Installing System Center 2012 - Virtual Machine Manager
Updated: January 15, 2013
Applies To: System Center 2012 - Virtual Machine Manager, System Center 2012 SP1 - Virtual Machine Manager
This section shows how to install the different components of Virtual Machine Manager (VMM). Before you install VMM, ensure that the computer meets the minimum hardware requirements and that all prerequisite software is installed. For information about hardware and software requirements for VMM, see System Requirements for System Center 2012 - Virtual Machine Manager.
This section also shows how to uninstall VMM.
For information about upgrading to System Center 2012 – Virtual Machine Manager from a previous version of VMM, see Upgrading to System Center 2012 - Virtual Machine Manager.
|In System Center 2012 Service Pack 1 (SP1), the VMM Self-Service Portal has been removed.|
In This Section
- Installing a VMM Management Server
- Describes how to install a VMM management server.
- Installing and Opening the VMM Console
- Describes how to install the VMM console and then use the VMM console to connect to a VMM management server.
- Installing and Opening the VMM Self-Service Portal
- Describes how to install and then open the VMM Self-Service Portal.
- How to Uninstall VMM
- Describes how to uninstall VMM.
- How to Upgrade from the Evaluation Version of VMM
- Describes how to upgrade from an evaluation version of VMM to a licensed version by providing a valid product key
- Installing VMM from a Command Prompt
- Provides information about how to use .ini files with configurable settings to install features of VMM
For additional resources, see Information and Support for System Center 2012.
Tip: Use this query to find online documentation in the TechNet Library for System Center 2012. For instructions and examples, see Search the System Center 2012 Documentation Library.