Install Microsoft Dynamics CRM E-mail Router
The E-mail Router accepts the same command prompt parameters as Microsoft Dynamics CRM Server 2011. To install the E-mail Router in quiet mode, run the SetupEmailRouter.exe command in the EmailRouter folder on the installation media, or download location of the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Server 2011 installation files as follows:
SetupEmailRouter /Q /CONFIG folderpath\install-config.xml /L c:\temp\log.txt
This installation uses an XML configuration file named install-config.xml and creates a log file named log.txt.
E-mail Router XML configuration file
The /config [drive:] [[path] configfilename.xml]] command-line parameter provides Microsoft Dynamics CRM E-mail Router Setup with required information. It is the same information that each installation screen requires.
|To use the E-mail Router after it is installed, you must run the E-mail Router Configuration Manager to configure it. You cannot configure the E-mail Router by using an XML configuration file. The XML elements must be in English (US). An XML configuration file that has localized XML elements will not work correctly.|
An explanation of each XML element and a sample XML file follows:
- <CRMSetup> </CRMSetup>
- The configuration file must be a valid XML file that uses <CRMSetup> as the root element.
- <EmailRouter> </ EmailRouter>
- Specifies a Microsoft Dynamics CRM E-mail Router installation. The <EmailRouter> tag must be within the <CRMSetup> open and end tags. All the E-mail Router entries that follow must be within the <EmailRouter> tags.
- Specifies the type of installation that Setup will perform. The following options are available:Uninstall Uninstalls Microsoft Dynamics CRM E-mail Router.Repair Starts Setup in repair mode.
- <Patch update="true"/"false">\\ServerName\ShareName\Patch_Location</Patch>
- If you do not specify a location, by default Setup will go online to a location that is managed by Microsoft to search for available updates. Or, you can point Setup to install a Microsoft Dynamics CRM E-mail Router Setup update .msp file from a different location, such as an internal share.update Specifies whether Setup will look for, download, and apply updates for Microsoft Dynamics CRM E-mail Router Setup. We recommend that you let Setup download the latest version by selecting true. By default, this value is set to false. If the value is set to false, Setup will ignore this step and continue with the installation.
- <InstallDir>c:\Program Files\Microsoft CRM Email</InstallDir>
- Specifies the folder where the E-mail Router will be installed. By default, the E-mail Router is installed to C:\Program Files\Microsoft CRM Email.
If a value is not specified, Setup installs the E-mail Router service and the E-mail Router Configuration Manager, but does not install the Rule Deployment Wizard.
The following features are available:
- <SinkService />
- Add this entry if you want to install the E-mail Router service and E-mail Router Configuration Manager.
- <RulesWizard />
- Add this entry if you want to install the Rule Deployment Wizard.
Sample Microsoft Dynamics CRM E-mail Router XML configuration file
The following configuration-file sample instructs Setup to check a Microsoft Web site for available updates to E-mail Router Setup. It applies the updates, and then installs the E-mail Router service and Rule Deployment Wizard in the C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics CRM Email Router folder:
<CRMSetup> <EmailRouter> <Features> <SinkService /> <RulesWizard /> </Features> <Patch update="true"></Patch> <InstallDir>c:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics CRM Email Router</InstallDir> </EmailRouter> </CRMSetup>
Send comments about this article to Microsoft.
© 2013 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.