Microsoft Dynamics CRM Reporting Extensions XML configuration file
Before you run Microsoft Dynamics CRM Reporting Extensions Setup at a command prompt, you must modify the XML configuration file to include information, such as the name of the computer where the configuration database is located. A sample Microsoft Dynamics CRM Reporting Extensions configuration file named install-config.xml is located in the SrsDataConnector folder on the installation media or download location of the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Server 2011 installation files.
The /config [drive:] [[path] configfilename.xml]] command-line parameter provides the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Reporting Extensions Setup with required information. The information this configuration file supplies is the same that each installation screen requires. The XML elements must be in English (US); special or extended characters cannot be used. An XML configuration file that has localized XML elements will not work correctly. An explanation of each XML element and a sample XML file follows:
- <CRMSetup> </CRMSetup>
- The configuration file must be a valid XML file that uses <CRMSetup> as the root element.
- The configuration file must be a valid XML file that uses <srsdataconnectorinstall> as the primary element. All the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Reporting Extensions entries that follow must be within the <srsdataconnectorinstall> tags.
- Specifies the type of installation that Setup will perform. The following options are available:Uninstall. Uninstalls Microsoft Dynamics CRM Reporting Extensions.Repair. Starts Setup in repair mode.
- <Patch update="true"/"false">\\ServerName\ShareName\Patch_Location</Patch>
- If you do not specify a location, by default Setup will go online to a location that is managed by Microsoft to search for available updates. Or, you can point Setup to install a Microsoft Dynamics CRM Reporting Extensions Setup update .msp file from a different location, such as an internal share.update Specifies whether Setup will look for, download, and apply updates for Microsoft Dynamics CRM Server Setup. We recommend that you let Setup download the latest version by selecting true. By default, this value is set to false. If the value is set to false, Setup will ignore this step and continue with the installation.
- Specifies the instance of SQL Server that stores the configuration database. If you specify the default instance, use SQLServerName, or if you use a named instance use SQLServerName\InstanceName.
- <InstallDir>c:\program files\Microsoft CRM</InstallDir>
- Specifies the folder in which the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Reporting Extensions files will be copied.
- If <automanagegroupsoff> is 1 (true), Setup will not add or remove any members to the security group in Active Directory directory service. Therefore, you must manually add the Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services service account for the associated instance of SQL Server to the PrivReportingGroup security group.
Send comments about this article to Microsoft.
© 2012 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.