Settings Dialog Box - Preferences Tab
Updated: May 31, 2012
Applies To: Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows Vista
To display the Settings dialog box, in Application Compatibility Manager (ACM), on the Tools menu, click Settings.
In the Settings dialog box, on the Preferences tab, use the following controls to join or leave the ACT Community, send ACT usage data to Microsoft, or be notified when there are updates available for ACT.
- Yes, I want to join the ACT Community
- If this check box is selected, you are a member of the ACT Community and can share application compatibility data with other ACT users. If this check box is cleared, you still receive compatibility data from the Microsoft compatibility database, but not from other ACT users. For more information about the ACT Community, see ACT Community Ratings and Process.
- Send ACT usage data to Microsoft
If this check box is selected, the following ACT usage data is sent to Microsoft:
The version of SQL Server being used by the ACT database.
The count of 32-bit or 64-bit computers in your organization.
The count of computers running a Windows operating system.
The operating systems you intend to deploy into your organization.
The count of computers to which you deployed data-collection packages.
- The version of SQL Server being used by the ACT database.
- Notify me when a newer version of ACT is available (recommended)
- If this check box is selected, ACM notifies you when an update is available for ACT.
ReferenceSettings Dialog Box - Settings Tab