System Center 2012 - Virtual Machine Manager
Published: June 18, 2012 | Updated: July 18, 2012
Download the Microsoft System Center 2012 - Virtual Machine Manager Guide
About This Guide
The Infrastructure Planning and Design (IPD) Guide for System Center 2012 - Virtual Machine Manager (VMM) outlines the elements that are crucial to an optimized design of Virtual Machine Manager. It leads you through the process of identifying the business and technical requirements for managing virtualization, designing integration with System Center 2012 - Operations Manager if required, and then determining the number, size, and placement of the VMM servers. This guide helps you to confidently plan for the centralized administration of physical and virtual machines.
Figure 1. Decision flow chart
In More Detail
The Infrastructure Planning and Design Guide for System Center 2012 - Virtual Machine Manager includes the following seven-step process:
- Step 1: Define the Project Scope and Requirements.
- Step 2: Design the Operations Manager Integration.
- Step 3: Determine the VMM Instances.
- Step 4: Design the VMM Management Server Infrastructure.
- Step 5: Design the VMM Library Server.
- Step 6: Design the Update Services Infrastructure.
- Step 7: Design Self-Service Capabilities Using App Controller.
- Microsoft System Center 2012
- Infrastructure Planning and Design Guide for SQL Server 2008 and SQL Server 2008 R2
Subscribe to the IPD beta program and we will notify you when new beta guides become available for your review and feedback. They are open beta downloads. If you are not already a member of the IPD beta program, and would like to join, follow these steps:
- Go here to join the IPD beta program:
If the link does not work for you, copy and paste it into the web browser address bar.
- Sign in using a valid Windows Live ID.
- Enter your registration information.
- Continue to the IPD beta program page, scroll down to Infrastructure Planning and Design, and click the link to join the IPD beta program.
Already a member of the IPD beta program? Go here to get the latest IPD beta downloads: https://connect.microsoft.com/content/content.aspx?ContentID=6556&SiteID=14
Please send questions or comments about this guide to IPDfdbk@microsoft.com.
About Solution Accelerators
Solution Accelerators are authoritative resources that help IT pros plan, deliver, operate, and manage IT systems that address real-world scenarios. Solution Accelerators provide free, prescriptive guidance and automation to accelerate cross-product integration, core infrastructure development, and other enhancements.
Sign up to receive the Solution Accelerator Notifications newsletter so that you can stay informed about new Solution Accelerator releases and updates. The newsletter covers such areas of interest as:
- Communication and collaboration
- Security, data protection, and recovery
- Operations and management