Phase 8: Decommission Legacy Pools
Topic Last Modified: 2012-10-19
The following topic provides guidance in updating DNS entries, moving the Content Management Server, decommissioning pools, and deactivating and removing servers and pools from a legacy deployment of Lync Server 2010. Not all of the procedures listed in this section are required. Read the documentation and determine which decommissioning procedure to use.
For exhaustive coverage of removing Lync Server 2010 servers and server roles, and a step-by-step guide to decommissioning a Lync Server 2010 deployment, see "Uninstalling Microsoft Lync Server 2010 and Removing Server Roles," which can be downloaded at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/p/?linkId=246227.
|For information on migrating and upgrading Microsoft Unified Communications Managed API (UCMA) applications, prior to decommissioning your legacy environment, see http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/p/?LinkId=269555|
- Update DNS SRV Records
- Move the Lync Server 2010 Configuration Management Server to Lync Server 2013
- Remove the Archiving Server Association
- Remove the Monitoring Server Association
- Remove the Enterprise Edition Front End Server or Standard Edition Front End Server
- Remove SQL Server Instances and Databases on the Back End Server