Migration from Office Communications Server 2007 R2 to Lync Server 2013
Topic Last Modified: 2012-10-19
The topics in this section guide you through the process of migrating from Office Communications Server 2007 R2 to Lync Server 2013
|This document describes the steps generally required to accomplish each phase of migration. It does not address every possible legacy deployment topology or every possible migration scenario. Therefore, you may not need to perform every step described, or you may need to perform additional steps, depending on your deployment. This document also provides examples of verification steps. These verification steps are provided to help you understand what you need to look for to ensure that each phase completes successfully as you progress through your migration. Tailor these verification steps to your specific migration process.|
This guide provides information specific to upgrading your existing deployment. It does not explain how to change your existing topology. This guide does not cover the implementation of new features. When a detailed procedure is documented elsewhere, this guide directs you to the appropriate document or document section.
This document defines terms as specified in the following list.
Moving your production deployment from a previous version of Office Communications Server 2007 R2 to Lync Server 2013.
Installing a newer version of software on a server or client computer.
The temporary environment that exists during migration when some functionality has been migrated to Lync Server 2013 and other functionality still remains on a prior version of Office Communications Server 2007 R2.
The ability of your deployment to operate successfully during the period of coexistence.
- Before You Begin the Migration
- Migration Phases
- Phase 1: Plan Your Migration from Office Communications Server 2007 R2
- Phase 2: Prepare for Migration
- Phase 3: Deploy Lync Server 2013 Pilot Pool
- Phase 4: Merge Topologies
- Phase 5: Configure the Pilot Pool
- Phase 6: Move users to the Pilot Pool
- Phase 7: Add Lync Server 2013 Edge Server to Pilot Pool
- Phase 8: Move from Pilot Deployment into Production
- Phase 9: Complete Post-Migration Tasks
- Phase 10: Decommission Legacy Site