Exchange Online Protection
Applies to: Exchange Online Protection
Topic Last Modified: 2013-03-19
Welcome to the Microsoft Exchange Online Protection (EOP) hosted email filtering service. Here are a few things you should be aware of before you start working with EOP and using this content:
EOP replaces Forefront Online Protection for Exchange (FOPE). All FOPE customers are being migrated to EOP. To learn more about EOP, check out Exchange Online Protection Overview as well as the Exchange Online Protection home page.
To get started with EOP, head for Set Up Your EOP Service. This topic provides a checklist that’ll help you get EOP up and running.
If you need more help or want to share ideas, the EOP forum is a great place to start.
The Help content for EOP consists of the following top-level categories:
- Exchange Online Protection Overview Introduces how EOP works and provides a list of its features and capabilities.
- What's New in Exchange Online Protection Describes what’s new in EOP compared to FOPE.
- Set Up Your EOP Service Provides steps for setting up and provisioning your EOP service, and links to additional information.
- Migrate to EOP Describes how to migrate from FOPE or another hosted email filtering service to EOP.
- Mail Flow in EOP Describes how to configure connectors to enable mail flow and to configure advanced routing scenarios. It includes an introduction to hybrid deployments, where you have a portion of your mailboxes on-premises and a portion in the cloud.
- Best Practices for Configuring EOP Describes recommended configuration settings and considerations for after you set up and provision your service.
- User, Domain, and Company Management in EOP Describes how to view internal users and external contacts, how to assign users to admin role groups, and how to view and modify domains that are protected by the service.
- Messaging Policy and Compliance in EOP Describes how to use Exchange Transport rules (custom filtering rules) to enforce specific company regulations and policies, and how to use audit logging to track changes to management role groups.
- Anti-Spam and Anti-Malware Protection Describes spam filtering and malware filtering and shows how to customize them to best meet the needs of your organization. Also describes tasks that administrators can perform on quarantined messages.
- Reporting and Message Trace in Exchange Online Protection Describes the reports and troubleshooting tools that are available.
- Exchange Admin Center in Exchange Online Protection Describes how to access and navigate through the Exchange admin center (EAC) management interface in order to manage your EOP service.
- Help and Support for EOP Provides information about obtaining help and technical support.