The Exchange Server 2003 Software Development Kit (SDK) includes fully-functional sample applications that demonstrate key areas of the Exchange store programmatically. The sample applications are installed with the Exchange Server 2003 SDK and include the source code for each component.
- The Calendaring Sample Application consists of a Microsoft® Visual Basic® executable file that can be used to display all of the user's appointments and meetings, create and send new appointments and meetings, and delete appointments and meetings. The Calendaring sample application can also be used for Creating Recurring Appointments and Meetings.
- The Cancel Appointment Sample Application is a Microsoft Visual C++® application that can be used to cancel an existing appointment.
- The Create New Appointment Sample Application consists of a Visual C++ executable file that can be used to create a new appointment. See the Calendaring Introduction for more information about creating and maintaining calendar appointments.
- The Create New Store Sample Application consists of a Visual Basic Scripting Edition (VBScript) file that uses CDO for Exchange Management (CDOEXM) to create a new public store or mailbox store on the local Microsoft Exchange server.
- The Exchange Store Events Sample Application includes sample event sinks implemented in Visual C++ and Visual Basic, and a Visual Basic executable file for registering, unregistering, and disabling asynchronous events, synchronous events, and system events in the Exchange store.
- The Managed Exchange TreeView Control Sample Application is a Visual Basic .NET Windows Forms application that uses the managed Exchange TreeView control. The sample application can be used to add root nodes that correspond to mail or public folder hierarchies, move, rename, copy, and delete folders in the Exchange store.
- The Messaging Sample Application consists of a Visual Basic executable file that can be used to send, forward, and reply to messages. The Messaging sample application can also be used to add attachments to messages and provide a view of the messages in a mailbox store.
- The Move Mailbox (ADSI/CDOEXM) Sample Application is a VBScript file that uses Active Directory® Service Interfaces (ADSI) to move a user's mailbox from one Exchange server to another.
- The Notification Sample Application uses the WebDAV protocol to subscribe to new mail, delete, and updated events on a public or new mail folder in an Exchange store.
- The User Information Sample Application is designed to be an intranet application for discovering a user's contact and free/busy status at specified intervals of time. The sample application consists of an XML Web service that uses Microsoft ASP.NET and an XML Web service client.
- The WebDAV Sample Application consists of an ASP page that can be used to copy, move, or delete resources, to create a collection, or to list resources.
The documentation for the sample applications includes the following sections:
- Overview of the sample application
- Navigating the source code included with the sample application
- Setting up the sample application
- Using the sample application