You can manage e-mail address policies in several different ways. You can edit their properties or apply them to rewrite e-mail addresses automatically for each recipient to which the policy applies. You can also change their priority to determine the precedence order for application in case there are conflicts between policies. When multiple policies may apply to a recipient, the policy with the highest priority is the one that applies.
You can change the way e-mail address policies work by completing the following steps:
1. In Exchange Management Console, expand the Organization Configuration node, and select the Hub Transport node.
2. On the E-mail Address Policies tab, right-click the e-mail address policy you want to change, and then select Edit. This starts the Edit E-mail Address Policy Wizard.
3. Follow steps 3–11 in “Creating E-mail Address Policies.”
You can change the priority of an e-mail address policy by completing the following steps:
1. In Exchange Management Console, right-click the policy, and then select Change Priority.
2. In the Change E-mail Address Policy Priority dialog box, type the desired priority, and then click OK.
Note that the valid range for priorities depends on the number of policies you’ve configured.
You can apply an e-mail address policy immediately or at a scheduled time by completing the following steps:1.
In Exchange Management Console, right-click the policy, and then select Apply. This starts the Apply E-mail Address Policy Wizard.2.
If you want to create and apply the policy immediately, select Immediately. To schedule the policy application, select At The Following Time, and then set the date and time to apply the policy.3.
Click Next, and then click Apply.4.
On the Completion page, click Finish.
In the Exchange Management Shell, you can use the Set-EmailAddressPolicy cmdlet to modify e-mail address policies, as shown here:Syntax
Set-EmailAddressPolicy -Identity 'PolicyIdentity']
[-ConditionalCompany 'CompanyNameFilter1', 'CompanyNameFilter2',... ]
[-ConditionalDepartment 'DeptNameFilter1',' DeptNameFilter2', ... ]
[-ConditionalStateOrProvince 'StateNameFilter1', 'StateNameFilter2', ... ]
Set-EmailAddressPolicy -Identity 'Primary E-Mail Address Policy'
-Name 'Cpandl.com E-Mail Address Policy'
-ConditionalCompany 'City Power and Light'