Microsoft Security Bulletin MS03-033
Unchecked Buffer in MDAC Function Could Enable System Compromise (823718)
Originally posted: August 20, 2003
Who should read this bulletin:
Customers using Microsoft® Windows®
Impact of vulnerability:
Run code of the attacker's choice
Maximum Severity Rating:
Users should apply the security patch to affected systems.
- Microsoft Data Access Components 2.5
- Microsoft Data Access Components 2.6
- Microsoft Data Access Components 2.7
Not Affected Software:
- Microsoft Data Access Components 2.8
An End User version of the bulletin is available at:
- Microsoft Knowledge Base article 823718 discusses this issue and will be available approximately 24 hours after the release of this bulletin. Knowledge Base articles can be found on the Microsoft Online Support web site.
- Technical support is available from Microsoft Product Support Services. There is no charge for support calls associated with security patches.
Security Resources: The Microsoft TechNet Security Web Site provides additional information about security in Microsoft products.
The information provided in the Microsoft Knowledge Base is provided "as is" without warranty of any kind. Microsoft disclaims all warranties, either express or implied, including the warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. In no event shall Microsoft Corporation or its suppliers be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages, even if Microsoft Corporation or its suppliers have been advised of the possibility of such damages. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages so the foregoing limitation may not apply.
- V1.0 (August 20, 2003): Bulletin Created.