Microsoft Security Bulletin MS03-034
Flaw in NetBIOS Could Lead to Information Disclosure (824105)
Originally posted: September 03, 2003
Updated: April 13, 2004
Who should read this bulletin:
Customers using Microsoft® Windows®
Impact of vulnerability:
Maximum Severity Rating:
Users should evaluate whether to apply the security patch to affected systems.
End User Bulletin:
An end user version of this bulletin is available at:
- Microsoft Windows NT Workstation 4.0
- Microsoft Windows NT Server 4.0®
- Microsoft Windows NT Server 4.0, Terminal Server Edition
- Microsoft Windows 2000
- Microsoft Windows XP
- Microsoft Windows Server™ 2003
Not Affected Software:
- Microsoft Windows Millennium Edition
- Microsoft Knowledge Base article 824105 discusses this issue and will be available approximately 24 hours after the release of this bulletin. Knowledge Base articles can be found on the Microsoft Online Support web site.
- Technical support is available from Microsoft Product Support Services. There is no charge for support calls associated with security patches.
Security Resources: The Microsoft TechNet Security Center Web site provides additional information about security in Microsoft products.
The information provided in the Microsoft Knowledge Base is provided "as is" without warranty of any kind. Microsoft disclaims all warranties, either express or implied, including the warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. In no event shall Microsoft Corporation or its suppliers be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages, even if Microsoft Corporation or its suppliers have been advised of the possibility of such damages. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages so the foregoing limitation may not apply.
- V1.0 (September 03, 2003): Bulletin published.
- V1.1 (September 03, 2003): Updated to reflect that this also will be included in Windows 2000 Service Pack 5.
- V1.2 (April 13, 2004): Added FAQ to inform customers about the availability of a security update for Windows NT Workstation 4.0 Service Pack 6a and Windows 2000 Service Pack 2.