Microsoft Security Advisory (2755801)
Update for Vulnerabilities in Adobe Flash Player in Internet Explorer 10
Published: | Updated:
Microsoft is announcing the availability of an update for Adobe Flash Player in Internet Explorer 10 on all supported editions of Windows 8, Windows Server 2012, and Windows RT. The update addresses the vulnerabilities in Adobe Flash Player by updating the affected Adobe Flash libraries contained within Internet Explorer 10.
Microsoft recommends that customers apply the current update immediately using update management software, or by checking for updates using the Microsoft Update service. Since the update is cumulative, only the current update will be offered. Customers do not need to install previous updates as a prerequisite for installing the current update.
- On May 14, 2013, Microsoft released an update (2837385) for all supported editions of Windows 8, Windows Server 2012, and Windows RT. The update addresses the vulnerabilities described in Adobe Security bulletin APSB13-14. For more information about this update, including download links, see Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 2837385.
Note The update for Windows RT is available via Windows Update only.
This advisory discusses the following software.
|Windows 8 for 32-bit Systems||Adobe Flash Player in Internet Explorer 10|
|Windows 8 for 64-bit Systems||Adobe Flash Player in Internet Explorer 10|
|Windows Server 2012||Adobe Flash Player in Internet Explorer 10|
|Windows RT||Adobe Flash Player in Internet Explorer 10|
|Windows Server 2012 (Server Core installation)|
To improve security protections for customers, Microsoft provides vulnerability information to major security software providers in advance of each monthly security update release. Security software providers can then use this vulnerability information to provide updated protections to customers via their security software or devices, such as antivirus, network-based intrusion detection systems, or host-based intrusion prevention systems. To determine whether active protections are available from security software providers, please visit the active protections websites provided by program partners, listed in Microsoft Active Protections Program (MAPP) Partners.
- You can provide feedback by completing the Microsoft Help and Support form, Customer Service Contact Us.
- Customers in the United States and Canada can receive technical support from Security Support. For more information about available support options, see Microsoft Help and Support.
- International customers can receive support from their local Microsoft subsidiaries. For more information about how to contact Microsoft for international support issues, visit International Support.
- Microsoft TechNet Security provides additional information about security in Microsoft products.
The information provided in this advisory is provided "as is" without warranty of any kind. Microsoft disclaims all warranties, either express or implied, including the warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. In no event shall Microsoft Corporation or its suppliers be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages, even if Microsoft Corporation or its suppliers have been advised of the possibility of such damages. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages so the foregoing limitation may not apply.
- V1.0 (September 21, 2012): Advisory published.
- V2.0 (October 8, 2012): Added the 2758994 update to the Current Update section.
- V3.0 (October 23, 2012): Revised advisory to announce the availability of the 2758994 update for Windows RT.
- V4.0 (November 6, 2012): Added the 2770041 update to the Current Update section.
- V5.0 (December 11, 2012): Added the 2785605 update to the Current Update section.
- V6.0 (January 8, 2013): Added the 2796096 update to the Current Update section.
- V7.0 (February 7, 2013): Added the 2811522 update to the Current Update section.
- V8.0 (February 12, 2013): Added the 2805940 update to the Current Update section.
- V9.0 (February 26, 2013): Added the 2819372 update to the Current Update section.
- V10.0 (March 12, 2013): Added the 2824670 update to the Current Update section.
- V11.0 (April 9, 2013): Added the 2833510 update to the Current Update section.
- V12.0 (May 14, 2013): Added the 2840613 update to the Current Update section.
- V12.1 (May 14, 2013): Revised advisory to show the correct update and KB article numbers for update 2837385 released on May 14, 2013.