Microsoft Security Advisory (906267)
A COM Object (Msdds.dll) Could Cause Internet Explorer to Unexpectedly Exit
Published: | Updated:
Microsoft has completed the investigation into a public report of a vulnerability affecting Internet Explorer. We have issued a security bulletin to address this issue. For more information about this issue, including download links for an available security update, please review the security bulletin.
- You can provide feedback by completing the form by visiting the following Web site.
- Customers in the U.S. and Canada can receive technical support from Microsoft Product Support Services. For more information about available support options, see the Microsoft Help and Support Web site.
- International customers can receive support from their local Microsoft subsidiaries. For more information about how to contact Microsoft for international support issues, visit the International Support Web site.
- The Microsoft TechNet Security Web site provides additional information about security in Microsoft products.
The information provided in this advisory is provided "as is" without warranty of any kind. Microsoft disclaims all warranties, either express or implied, including the warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. In no event shall Microsoft Corporation or its suppliers be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages, even if Microsoft Corporation or its suppliers have been advised of the possibility of such damages. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages so the foregoing limitation may not apply.
- August 18, 2005: Advisory published
- August 19, 2005: Advisory updated to include additional mitigating factors and also to include steps on how to restrict Web sites to only your trusted Web sites in the “Workarounds section”.
- August 25, 2005: Advisory updated to include additional mitigating factors. Msdds.dll file versions have also been revised: updated file version from 7.0.9446.0 to 7.0.9466.0 and added file version 7.0.9064.9143.
- February 21, 2006: Advisory updated to direct customers to Security Bulletin MS05-052, “Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer”.