Microsoft Security Bulletin MS01-024
Malformed Request to Domain Controller can Cause Memory Exhaustion
Originally posted: May 8, 2001
Updated: June 23, 2003
Who should read this bulletin:
System administrators using Microsoft® Windows® 2000 domain controllers.
Impact of vulnerability:
Denial of service
Install patch on domain controllers
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Server
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Advanced Server
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Datacenter Server
- Microsoft Knowledge Base article Q294391 discusses this issue and will be available approximately 24 hours after the release of this bulletin. Knowledge Base articles can be found on the Microsoft Online Support web site.
- Technical support is available from Microsoft Product Support Services. There is no charge for support calls associated with security patches.
Security Resources: The Microsoft TechNet Security Web Site provides additional information about security in Microsoft products.
The information provided in the Microsoft Knowledge Base is provided "as is" without warranty of any kind. Microsoft disclaims all warranties, either express or implied, including the warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. In no event shall Microsoft Corporation or its suppliers be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages, even if Microsoft Corporation or its suppliers have been advised of the possibility of such damages. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages so the foregoing limitation may not apply.
- V1.0 (May 8, 2001): Bulletin Created.
- V1.1 (July 16, 2001): Bulletin updated to advise that the patch has been superseded by the one provided in MS01-036.
- V1.2 (June 23, 2003): Updated Windows Update download links.