Microsoft Security Bulletin MS01-035
FrontPage Server Extension Sub-Component Contains Unchecked Buffer
Published: | Updated:
Who should read this bulletin:
Customers using Microsoft® Visual Studio RAD Support which is a sub-component of FrontPage® Server Extensions
Impact of vulnerability:
Run code of attacker's choice
Customers who have installed Visual Studio RAD Support should install the patch.
- Microsoft Visual Studio RAD Support in FrontPage Server Extensions
- Microsoft Knowledge Base article Q300477 discusses this issue and will be available approximately 24 hours after the release of this bulletin. Knowledge Base articles can be found on the Microsoft Online Support web site.
- Technical support is available from Microsoft Product Support Services. There is no charge for support calls associated with security patches.
Security Resources: The Microsoft TechNet Security Web Site provides additional information about security in Microsoft products.
The information provided in the Microsoft Knowledge Base is provided "as is" without warranty of any kind. Microsoft disclaims all warranties, either express or implied, including the warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. In no event shall Microsoft Corporation or its suppliers be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages, even if Microsoft Corporation or its suppliers have been advised of the possibility of such damages. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages so the foregoing limitation may not apply.
- V1.0 (June 21, 2001): Bulletin Created.
- V1.1 (August 17, 2001): Bulletin Updated to indicate that patch has been removed
- V1.2 (February 04, 2002): Bulletin Updated with links to CFPSE 1.3 for Windows NT 4.0 and Windows 2000 SRP 1 for Windows 2000
- V1.3 (June 13, 2003): Updated download links to Windows Update.
- V1.4 (December 5, 2003): Updated technical details section to include ability to get IWAM_machine account under certain conditions.