Microsoft Security Bulletin MS01-036
Function Exposed via LDAP over SSL Could Enable Passwords to be Changed
Originally posted: June 25, 2001
Updated: February 28, 2003
Who should read this bulletin:
System administrators using Microsoft® Windows® 2000.
Impact of vulnerability:
Customers who currently provide LDAP over SSL sessions should apply the patch immediately.
- Microsoft Windows 2000
- Microsoft Knowledge Base article Q299687 discusses this issue and will be available approximately 24 hours after the release of this bulletin. Knowledge Base articles can be found on the Microsoft Online Support web site.
- Technical support is available from Microsoft Product Support Services. There is no charge for support calls associated with security patches.
Security Resources: The Microsoft TechNet Security Web Site provides additional information about security in Microsoft products.
The information provided in the Microsoft Knowledge Base is provided "as is" without warranty of any kind. Microsoft disclaims all warranties, either express or implied, including the warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. In no event shall Microsoft Corporation or its suppliers be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages, even if Microsoft Corporation or its suppliers have been advised of the possibility of such damages. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages so the foregoing limitation may not apply.
- V1.0 (June 25, 2001): Bulletin Created.
- V1.1 (July 09, 2001): Bulletin updated to advise that the patch supersedes the one provided in MS01-024.
- V1.2 (February 28, 2003): Updated links in Frequently Asked Questions section.