Microsoft Security Bulletin MS01-046
Access Violation in Windows 2000 IrDA Driver Can Cause System to Restart
Originally posted: August 21, 2001
Updated: May 18, 2003
Who should read this bulletin:
Customers using Microsoft® Windows 2000 on hardware systems that support infrared data exchange
Impact of vulnerability:
Denial of Service
Customers using Windows 2000 with infrared devices should consider applying the patch.
- Microsoft Windows 2000
- Microsoft Knowledge Base article Q252795 discusses this issue and will be available approximately 24 hours after the release of this bulletin. Knowledge Base articles can be found on the Microsoft Online Support web site.
- Technical support is available from Microsoft Product Support Services. There is no charge for support calls associated with security patches.
Security Resources: The Microsoft TechNet Security Web Site provides additional information about security in Microsoft products.
The information provided in the Microsoft Knowledge Base is provided "as is" without warranty of any kind. Microsoft disclaims all warranties, either express or implied, including the warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. In no event shall Microsoft Corporation or its suppliers be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages, even if Microsoft Corporation or its suppliers have been advised of the possibility of such damages. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages so the foregoing limitation may not apply.
- V1.0 (August 21, 2001): Bulletin Created.
- V1.1 (December 27, 2001): Caveats section added.
- V1.2 (May 18, 2003): Updated download links to Windows Update.