Microsoft Security Bulletin MS03-008
Flaw in Windows Script Engine Could Allow Code Execution (814078)
Originally posted: March 19, 2003
Updated: September 4, 2003
Who should read this bulletin:
Customers using Microsoft® Windows®.
Impact of vulnerability:
Run Code of Attacker's Choice
Maximum Severity Rating:
Customers should install the patch immediately.
End User Bulletin:
An end user version of this bulletin is available at: http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/update/bulletins/default.mspx.
- Microsoft Windows 98
- Microsoft Windows 98 Second Edition
- Microsoft Windows Me
- Microsoft Windows NT 4.0
- Microsoft Windows NT 4.0 Terminal Server Edition
- Microsoft Windows 2000
- Microsoft Windows XP
- Knowledge Base Article 814078 discusses this issue. Knowledge Base articles can be found on the Microsoft Online Support web site.
- Technical support is available from Microsoft Product Support Services. There is no charge for support calls associated with security patches.
Security Resources: The Microsoft TechNet Security Web Site provides additional information about security in Microsoft products.
The information provided in the Microsoft Knowledge Base is provided "as is" without warranty of any kind. Microsoft disclaims all warranties, either express or implied, including the warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. In no event shall Microsoft Corporation or its suppliers be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages, even if Microsoft Corporation or its suppliers have been advised of the possibility of such damages. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages so the foregoing limitation may not apply.
- V1.0 (March 19, 2003): Bulletin Created.
- V1.1 (March 21, 2003): Corrected patch verification instructions in the Additional Information section.
- V1.2 (May 12, 2003): Updated file version information in the Additional Information section.
- V1.3 (July 08, 2003): Updated file version information in the Additional Information section.
- V1.4 (September 04, 2003): Corrected bulletin severity matrix.