Microsoft Security Bulletin MS03-019
Flaw in ISAPI Extension for Windows Media Services Could Cause Code Execution (817772)
Originally posted: May 28, 2003
Updated: May 30, 2003
Who should read this bulletin:
System administrators running Microsoft® Windows NT 4.0 or Microsoft Windows 2000
Impact of vulnerability:
Allow an attacker to execute code of their choice
Maximum Severity Rating:
System administrators install the patch at the earliest available opportunity.
- Microsoft Windows NT 4.0
- Microsoft Windows 2000
Non Affected Software:
- Microsoft Windows XP
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003
- Microsoft Knowledge Base article 817772 discusses this issue and will be available approximately 24 hours after the release of this bulletin. Knowledge Base articles can be found on the Microsoft Online Support web site.
- Technical support is available from Microsoft Product Support Services. There is no charge for support calls associated with security patches.
Security Resources: The Microsoft TechNet Security Web Site provides additional information about security in Microsoft products.
The information provided in the Microsoft Knowledge Base is provided "as is" without warranty of any kind. Microsoft disclaims all warranties, either express or implied, including the warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. In no event shall Microsoft Corporation or its suppliers be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages, even if Microsoft Corporation or its suppliers have been advised of the possibility of such damages. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages so the foregoing limitation may not apply.
- V1.0 May 28, 2003: Bulletin Created.
- V2.0 May 30, 2003: Re-released bulletin with new rating of Important to reflect additional action an attacker could take.