Microsoft Assessment and Planning (MAP) Toolkit for Hyper-V
The Microsoft Assessment and Planning (MAP) Toolkit is an agentless inventory, assessment, and reporting tool that can securely assess IT environments for various platform migrations—including Windows 8, Windows 7, Office 2010 and Office 365, Windows Server 2012 and Windows 2008 R2, SQL Server 2012, Hyper-V, Microsoft Private Cloud Fast Track, and Windows Azure.
Accelerate your migration to Hyper-V
Accelerate your migration to Hyper-V with MAP Toolkit’s planning capabilities, and start realizing the benefits of virtualization. With MAP you get the following reports and proposals for Hyper-V migration:
- Server Consolidation Proposal: Summarizes the readiness assessments for and benefits of Hyper-V, and recommends a list of underutilized servers for consolidation using Hyper-V.
- Server Consolidation Report: Provides a detailed inventory of the Windows Server and Linux servers on your network and the potential efficiency gained by consolidating them into fewer physical servers using Hyper-V.
- VMware Discovery Report: Identifies already-virtualized servers running under VMware that can be managed with the Microsoft System Center Virtual Machine Manager platform, or migrated to Hyper-V hypervisor.
- Microsoft Workload Discovery: SQL Server, SharePoint Server and Exchange Server run optimally on Hyper-V. Use the workload discovery to identify Microsoft workloads deployed on VMware guests for migration to Hyper-V.
- Cost Savings and ROI assessment: Use the Microsoft Integrated Virtualization ROI Tool to uncover the potential cost savings and ROI from virtualization with Hyper-V.
What’s new with MAP 6.0?
- Windows Azure migration portfolio analysis
- Microsoft Private Cloud Fast Track onboarding
- Enhanced heterogeneous server inventory
- Internet Explorer migration assessment updated for IE 9
- Office 365 client assessment
- Enhanced heterogeneous database inventory
What is the MAP Toolkit?
The Microsoft Assessment and Planning Toolkit is an agentless tool designed to simplify and streamline the IT infrastructure planning process across multiple scenarios through network-wide automated discovery and assessments.
This versatile toolkit:
- Quickly discovers clients, heterogeneous servers, and applications across your IT environment.
- Provides discovery and detailed inventory reporting of web application portfolios and database readiness for the Windows Azure Platform.
- Assesses Windows 2000 Server environments and legacy workloads to identify the potential business impact of maintaining legacy workloads, and the benefits of migration to Windows Server 2008 R2.
- Conducts migration and virtualization assessments for your IT projects.
- Provides analysis of consolidating servers on Microsoft Private Cloud Fast Track infrastructures.
- Accurately assesses current software usage and client access history in your environment.
- Assesses hardware and software readiness for Office 365.
- Gathers database and server instance details across your organization for simplified database administration and SQL Server consolidation.
- Auto-generates reports and proposals.
- Scales well to small businesses as well as large enterprises.
Learn more about MAP