Explore the resources to help evaluate, deploy, maintain, and support Microsoft System Center Updates Publisher 2011.
Updates Publisher 2011 is an application that can be used with System Center Configuration Manager to enable independent software vendors or line-of-business application developers and IT administrators to:
- Import software updates from catalogs created by non-Microsoft organizations or created from within the administrator's organization
- Create and modify software update definitions
- Create applicability and deployment metadata for software updates
- Export software update definitions to other Updates Publisher 2011 consoles
- Publish software updates to a configured update server
By using Updates Publisher to define software updates and publish them to the update server, administrators you can begin detecting and deploying published software updates with System Center Configuration Manager to client and server computers in your organization.
New in System Center Updates Publisher 2011
- An improved user interface that allows better control of managing software updates.
- A new automatic publication type with which Updates Publisher 2011 can query Configuration Manager to determine whether the selected software update or software update bundle is published with full content or only metadata.
- A new Software Update Cleanup Wizard that you can use to expire software updates that exist on the update server, but are not in the Updates Publisher 2011 repository.
- The ability to create Software Update bundles
- The ability to define prerequisite updates and superseded updates as part of a software update definition
Download partner catalogs
Building a more secure and reliable infrastructure while at the same time lowering operating costs can be achieved quickly and efficiently using partner catalogs from ISVs and OEMs who are registered with Microsoft along with your in-house application software updates and your Microsoft software updates. You can use these partner catalogs with System Center Configuration Manager and Updates Publisher 2011 or with the import feature of System Center Essentials.
Read the System Center Updates Publisher 2011 online documentation
Learn how to get started with Updates Publisher 2011, how to configure Updates Publisher 2011, and how to use the Updates Publisher 2011 workspaces to manage software update catalogs, software update definitions, applicability rules, and software update publications.
System Center Updates Publisher 2011 blog articles and screencasts
Join the Updates Publisher 2011 community to learn more about Updates Publisher 2011 through a series of blog articles and screencasts from the product team.
Evaluate System Center Configuration Manager 2007 R3
The latest version of System Center Configuration Manager—previously Systems Management Server— is System Center Configuration Manger 2007 R3. This version of Configuration Manager represents a tremendous advance over its well-regarded predecessor, now providing the insight and control necessary to more effectively manage change in today's dynamic IT infrastructures with a broad range of management capabilities. In addition to the powerful list of product capabilities delivered in Configuration Manager R2, additional enhancements for R3 include:
- Centralized Power Management
- Enhanced Scalability & Performance
- Operating System deployment enhancements