Configuration Manager 2007 Service Pack
Reviewd: Dec 10, 2009
Upgrading Configuration Manager 2007 R2 Evaluation Software to Full Product
- You can upgrade your server running Configuration Manager 2007 R2 evaluation software to full product at the end of the 180-day evaluation period with your product key. For more information, visit the
How to Buy page on the Configuration Manager product site.
What’s New in Configuration Manager 2007 Service Pack
This document provides more detail about the notable changes made to Configuration Manager 2007 SP1 which were focused on:
- New catalog and license management capabilities from within the Configuration Manager console.
- Additional reports.
- Compatibility with Microsoft SoftGrid applications.
- Asset Intelligence catalog synchronization to child sites.
- Ability to import both Microsoft and non-Microsoft software licensing data.
Information about supported operating systems, hardware configurations, software requirements, installation combinations, and security configurations for Configuration Manager 2007 Service Pack.
Asset Intelligence in Configuration Manager
The Asset Intelligence Configuration Manager 2007 feature allows administrators to inventory and manage software in use throughout the Configuration Manager 2007 hierarchy. Asset Intelligence enhances the inventory capabilities of Configuration Manager 2007 and Configuration Manager 2007 Service Pack to help manage software in use and software license management in the enterprise.
Out of Band Management in Configuration Manager 2007 SP1
The Configuration Manager 2007 SP1 out of band management feature allows you to manage desktop computers independently from the Configuration Manager client or the computer operating system.