Windows Server 2008 Security Guide PM interview
About This Video
In part 1 of 2 for this interview with the program managers of the security guides Jose Maldonado and Vlad Pigin, and test lead Bora Gaurav we cover a number of topics including:
- What the differences are between the 2003 security guide and the new Server 2008 security guide
- What are some of the "deal killers" for most people to be able to run in the specialized security limited functionality (SSLF) mode versus the Enterprise Client mode (EC)
- Briefly go through the basic steps to implement
- Establish an acceptable security baseline (EC or SSLF)
- Run the GPO accelerator tool to deploy the baseline
- Deploy the server roles (if you haven't already done this)
- Secure the individual roles using SCW / GPO accelerator tool / guide & checklist
- How to implement the guide using a different OU structure than mentioned in the guide.
You can download the Windows Server 2008 security guide here.
April 02, 2008