EBS migration interview and RTM
About This Video
What better topic to talk about since EBS has hit RTM today than migration? I met with EBS program manager Bjorn Levidow again who tells us all about what combinations can be done with the migration and some caveats you should think about when migrating.
- [4:02] EBS migration similar to a kitchen remodel
- [5:09] Hotfix to extend the migration timeline to 21 days
- [6:44] Guidelines on when you might consider migrating from SBS to EBS
- [8:02] Some of the most difficult aspects to migration
- [9:58] Tips on migration of standalone environment to EBS
- [11:20] Why you might want to migrate to EBS with up to 30 standalone servers in your environment
- [12:48] When you know it is time to migrate away from EBS to standalone / full product
- [13:55] What the transition from EBS to standalone is like
- [14:35] What you can't do with EBS - i.e. "big no-no's"
- [15:48] What happens when you hit the 300 client/user limit
Download EBS Getting Started Guide
Download SBS 2003 to EBS migration guide
September 15, 2008