IE Security Talk
About This Video
Learn about IE security as part of the Security Talk Series of webcasts, podcasts, and videos which discuss the latest in day-to-day security and privacy challenges. I interviewed Pete LePage, IE PM, to bring some clarity to browser and IE security. We cover the following:
- Challenges with patch/vulnerability management and Microsoft’s approach
- How can we backup our statement of IE 8 being the “most secure browser out of the box”?
- NSS Labs report – Mean Block rate for Socially-Engineered Malware Jan 2010: 85% IE 8, 29% Safari 4, 29% Firefox 3.5, 17% Chrome 4, <1% Opera
- Cenzic Study – Total Web Vulnerabilities: 44% Firefox, 35% Safari, 15% IE
- Why does it matter that browser security features are integrated with the browser versus being delivered as add-ons?
- How IE stands apart from other browsers in regards to privacy, and a specific example of why you have more privacy with IE than with Google Chrome (Watch a demo of how Chrome steals your privacy).
- Download IE 8 Security Guide
- Watch IE 8 Trustworthy Browsing webcast
- Subscribe to the Security Talk Series RSS feed to get the latest updates
March 23, 2010