TechNet Simulcast: The Next Wave: Windows Azure
About This Video
The future of highly available, high-performance, secure, dynamically scalable, hosted computing is here. It’s Microsoft’s new online service computing platform: Windows Azure. In this session, we’ll discuss and demonstrate the basics of Windows Azure and how you can leverage it in your work. We’ll show you real-world examples of how companies are using Azure today and help you think about applying it for customer-facing applications, or to quickly and dynamically add horsepower to your own computing infrastructure. We’ll also touch on the exciting future of the platform – including what you can expect to see in the coming months and years.
- What exactly is “Cloud Computing”? Which applications are best suited to the cloud?
- Microsoft’s commitment to the cloud: The virtualization platform and data centers
- The Azure architecture: How it all fits together
- How to get started in the cloud: Deploying and managing applications
- Will I save money by doing this? (Using the Azure TCO tool)
- What will Windows Azure look like a year from now?
Published Date: March 30, 2010