Private Cloud Demo Extravaganza 1: Deploy Bare Metal Servers to Hyper-V with System Center 2012
About This Video
In Part 1 of the Private Cloud Demo Extravaganza you will see how to deploy bare metal servers to Hyper-V with System Center 2012.
Kenon Owens and Symon Perriman will show you System Center 2012 Virtual Machine Manager and some of its features:
- Bare Metal Deployment on a freshly racked server before adding it to a failover cluster
- Access the baseboard management controller (BMC)
- Use the Intelligent Platform Management Interface (IPMI) protocol
- Specify a discover scope of IP addresses
- Deploy the machine to a host group and assign a profile
- Configure server names, MAC address, IP address and network settings
To learn more, visit the Microsoft Virtual Academy or check out other Private Cloud videos and interviews (aka.ms/Symon).
April 27, 2012
System Center 2012
Virtual Machine Manager