IE8 Deployment and Setup PM interview and RC1 is live
About This Video
IE8 RC1 launched today! Jane Maliouta, program manager in charge of deployment and setup of IE, tells us what’s new in setup with RC1 for IE8 and gives us the inside scoop on deployment with IE8. Here’s how it breaks down:
- [2:21] Windows 7 upgrades to IE8
- [3:21] Why we decide to not wrap in next version of IE with service packs
- [4:46] IE6 to IE8 upgrade story
- [6:14] Whiteboard session:
- Nuts & bolts of how the IE8 setup works with the standalone exe and other deployment options (includes component based services - CBS)
- Why they created the IE8 Blocker toolkit and when you might need to use it
- [14:43] How slipstreaming works, why there is no IE8 slipstream install for Windows XP and what versions of windows will support the slipstream.
- [15:55] Why IE8 needs a reboot and other browsers do not
- [17:20] Tips and tricks for rolling out IE8
IE8 deployment guide
Download IE8 RC1
If you decide to tune into “Over the Edge” at [19:14], you’ll find a patent award, a cheetah, a duck, and learn about her perceived correlation with the IE team and Tuques.
January 26, 2009