Security and Privacy for Configuration Manager 2007
Before you read this guide, be sure you understand the basic concepts of Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager 2007 . At a minimum, read Fundamentals of Configuration Manager 2007. If you already have Configuration Manager 2007 installed, read your organization’s Configuration Manager 2007 documentation and be familiar with the features and design decisions in your implementation. You might find the Configuration Manager 2007 planning and deployment content to be helpful. For more information, see Planning and Deploying the Server Infrastructure for Configuration Manager 2007. This guide also assumes you understand basic security principles.
|Management software brings great benefits to your environment. Well-managed networks are usually more secure networks. However, failure to adequately secure management software can leave your network vulnerable. If Configuration Manager 2007 or any other management tool is compromised, an attacker could potentially take control of every managed node. Before deviating from the recommendations in this document, evaluate the potential risks exposed by these changes and plan appropriate mitigations.|
- Overview of Configuration Manager Security and Privacy
- Conceptual information about Configuration Manager 2007 privacy, certificates, and object security.
- Accounts and Groups in Configuration Manager
- A description of all of the accounts and groups used in Configuration Manager 2007.
- Configuration Manager Security and Privacy Planning
- A discussion of major planning requirements for Configuration Manager 2007 security.
- Security Best Practices for Configuration Manager
- A description of security issues, best practices, and privacy concerns in Configuration Manager 2007.
- Security Best Practices and Privacy Information for Configuration Manager Features
- A description of security best practices and private issues for Configuration Manager features.
- Security Checklists for Configuration Manager
- Checklists that summarize Configuration Manager 2007 security.
- Tasks for Configuration Manager Security
- Tasks that relate to Configuration Manager 2007 security. Some of these tasks might appear in other sections, but are grouped here for convenience.
- Technical Reference for Configuration Manager Security
- Descriptions for classes and instance rights, implementing IPsec, and accounts that need to be deleted after upgrading.