Release a Quarantined Message and Optionally Report it as a False Positive (End Users)
Topic Last Modified: 2013-11-08
|This topic is for end users who receive end-user spam notification messages. For administrators who want to manage quarantined messages in the Exchange admin center, see Release a Quarantined Message and Optionally Report it as a False Positive (Administrators).|
If your administrator enables end-user spam notifications via the instructions in Configure End-User Spam Notifications in EOP or Configure End-User Spam Notifications in Exchange Online, you will receive a notification message that lists messages intended for your mailbox that were identified as spam and quarantined instead. This message includes the number of spam-quarantined messages listed, and the date and time (in Universal Coordinated Time (UTC)) of the last message in the list. From this list, you can view the following information about and perform the following actions on each message:
- Sender The sender name and email address of the quarantined message.
- Subject The subject line text of the quarantined message.
- Date The date and time (in UTC) that the message was quarantined.
- Size The size of the quarantined message, in kilobytes (KBs).
- Release to Inbox Clicking this link sends the message to your inbox where you can view it.
- Report as Not Junk Clicking this link sends a copy of the message to Microsoft for analysis. The spam team evaluates and analyzes the message, and, depending on the results of the analysis, adjusts the anti-spam filter rules to allow the message through.