System Center 2012 - Service Manager
Published: March 21, 2012 | Updated: May 9, 2012
Download the Microsoft System Center 2012 - Service Manager Guide
About This Guide
The Infrastructure Planning and Design (IPD) Guide for System Center 2012 - Service Manager can help your organization more quickly benefit from this platform for automating and adapting IT Service Management best practices such as those found in Microsoft Operations Framework (MOF) and the IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL). This guide takes you through an easy-to-follow process for successfully designing the servers and components of a Service Manager implementation. The result will be a design that is sized, configured, and appropriately placed to deliver the stated business benefits, while also considering the performance, capacity, and fault tolerance of the system.
Figure 1. Decision flow chart
In More Detail
The Infrastructure Planning and Design Guide for System Center 2012 - Service Manager includes the following four-step process:
- Step 1: Define the Project Scope and Requirements.
- Step 2: Design the Management Groups.
- Step 3: Design the Service Manager Management Server Infrastructure.
- Step 4: Design the Data Warehouse Management Server Infrastructure.
- System Center 2012 products
- Infrastructure Planning and Design Guide for SQL Server 2008 and SQL Server 2008 R2
Subscribe to the IPD beta program and we will notify you when new beta guides become available for your review and feedback. They are open beta downloads. If you are not already a member of the IPD beta program, and would like to join, follow these steps:
- Go here to join the IPD beta program:
If the link does not work for you, copy and paste it into the web browser address bar.
- Sign in using a valid Windows Live ID.
- Enter your registration information.
- Continue to the IPD beta program page, scroll down to Infrastructure Planning and Design, and click the link to join the IPD beta program.
Already a member of the IPD beta program? Go here to get the latest IPD beta downloads: https://connect.microsoft.com/content/content.aspx?ContentID=6556&SiteID=14
Please send questions or comments about this guide to IPDfdbk@microsoft.com.
About Solution Accelerators
Solution Accelerators are authoritative resources that help IT pros plan, deliver, operate, and manage IT systems that address real-world scenarios. Solution Accelerators provide free, prescriptive guidance and automation to accelerate cross-product integration, core infrastructure development, and other enhancements.
Sign up to receive the Solution Accelerator Notifications newsletter so that you can stay informed about new Solution Accelerator releases and updates. The newsletter covers such areas of interest as:
- Communication and collaboration
- Security, data protection, and recovery
- Operations and management