Microsoft Assessment and Planning (MAP) Toolkit for Windows Server 2012
The Microsoft Assessment and Planning (MAP) Toolkit is an agentless inventory, assessment, and reporting tool that can securely assess IT environments for various platform migrations—including Windows 8, Windows 7, Office 2010 and Office 365, Windows Server 2012 and Windows 2008 R2, SQL Server 2012, Hyper-V, Microsoft Private Cloud Fast Track, and Windows Azure.
What’s new with MAP 6.0?
- Windows Azure migration portfolio analysis
- Microsoft Private Cloud Fast Track onboarding
- Enhanced heterogeneous server inventory
- Internet Explorer migration assessment updated for IE 9
- Office 365 client assessment
- Enhanced heterogeneous database inventory
What is the MAP Toolkit?
The Microsoft Assessment and Planning Toolkit is an agentless tool designed to simplify and streamline the IT infrastructure planning process across multiple scenarios through network-wide automated discovery and assessments.
This versatile toolkit:
- Quickly discovers clients, heterogeneous servers, and applications across your IT environment.
- Provides discovery and detailed inventory reporting of web application portfolios and database readiness for the Windows Azure Platform.
- Assesses Windows 2000 Server environments and legacy workloads to identify the potential business impact of maintaining legacy workloads, and the benefits of migration to Windows Server 2008 R2.
- Conducts migration and virtualization assessments for your IT projects.
- Provides analysis of consolidating servers on Microsoft Private Cloud Fast Track infrastructures.
- Accurately assesses current software usage and client access history in your environment.
- Assesses hardware and software readiness for Office 365.
- Gathers database and server instance details across your organization for simplified database administration and SQL Server consolidation.
- Auto-generates reports and proposals.
- Scales well to small businesses as well as large enterprises.
Learn more about MAP