Service Manager 2010: Operations Manager Integration and Service Maps
Clique para classificar e enviar comentários
About This Video
System Center Service Manager, scheduled to ship in 2010, is a flexible IT automation platform that provides built-in workflows based on industry best practices for incident and problem resolution, change control, and asset lifecycle management. It can help provide better service management by:
- Reducing the cost and improving the responsiveness of customer service requests by combining knowledge, self-service, and the ability to automate requests on the Service Manager Self-Service portal.
- Optimizing processes and ensuring their use through templates that effectively guide IT analysts through best practices for change and incident management.
- Providing the foundation for informed and cost-effective decision-making to better align IT systems and services to the ever-changing needs of the business.
- Reducing resolution times by cutting across organizational silos, ensuring that the right information from incident, problem, change, release, or asset records is accessible through a single pane.
- Delivering flexible process workflows and templates that IT pros can adapt to their organization’s requirements.
- Extending the value the Microsoft platform delivers by automating the processes and activities among System Center products.
In This Video
In this presentation w/ UI demo created by Marc Umeno, senior program manager on the Service Manager team, you'll find out how System Center Service Manager can import service maps from System Center Operations Manager and extend them to include relevant business information, user information, and service information. Service maps in System Center Service Manager allow IT to better understand how issues affect services, perform root cause analysis faster, and quickly identify the right course for remediation.
System Center Web site for more information on Service Manager.
Published Date: October 05, 2009
System Center Operations Manager
System Center Service Manager